Sunday, November 9, 2008

Playing catch up

I feel like I'm in a perpetual state of catch up. One little thing can send me into a spiral of total distraction and then I'm falling behind in everything. I have a terrible habit of procrastination which doesn't help when I need to have excellent time management. Even working from home, I multitask myself into inaction. I feel so overwhelmed by what needs to be done that I do nothing. I know that by breaking things into smaller parts things would get done, but I have starting a project and not finishing it all at once. I keep telling myself I have time to do it all, but I really don't. I have 50+ hours of work, full time classes at school, and my child with whom I'd like to pay more attention to since we're together all the time. Yet, it feels like I'm doing it all, but really doing nothing. I'm only half invested in school work, and my work suffers when I can't concentrate on getting jobs done quickly. My son constantly hears, "Mommy's working, please be patient honey, just one more minute." There's no way around it and no way to get it all done. Of course things are slipping through the cracks. Dishes pile up, floors don't get vacuumed, and laundry is towering over us. But somehow in the end it all gets done. Eventually it will. Maybe when my child leaves for college.

No comments:

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails