Monday, November 10, 2008

Smells like a whorehouse

I have to say today was better than most the days we've been having here. I think it was because I needed grownup time to talk to another adult. Granted, my child didn't listen to me any better than when we're at home, and he melted down in the McDonalds, but whatever. I got out and talked in sentences more than 4 words long. Now Noah is worn out from the playland area and will be sleeping early since that 5 minute nap he took in the car won't do him any good. Five more minutes and counting!

I've make a promise to myself to shout less often and remember he's 2.5. It's the repeating myself that going to drive me crazy & is making me more grey. I have always hated repeating what I say and having a toddler who is currently willfully disobeying my requests is going to put me in an early grave. A fellow single mom and I were talking while the kids got ready to go Playland crazy and we were trying to figure out if it gets easier. Our friends with older kids tell us it does, but it's really hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel when there aren't any lights on while you're on your way! I keep telling myself that once we get past the crying for no conceivible reason that it'll be better, but then it's something else that will throw me for a loop. Just like when I thought that his being able to tell me if something hurt would help, it didn't. It just means he gets more upset since he can't tell me how he feels. I know it gets better. I just need to remind myself how quickly this will pass and I'll miss him at this age. Really...I will miss it...I know it. Seriously, how much longer until he goes to school???

Also, note to self: Do not say things like, "you smell like a whorehouse." to a child that parrots FUN NEW WORDS! Even if it's true because he rubbed the magazine perfume insert all over himself. Hopefully sleep will put that phrase in the forgotten pile. Oops.

Lastly, Viva La Juicy smells like a whorehouse.

1 comment:

eatmisery said...

My daughter is 2.5 and tends to flip out instantly over nothing. My son is 3.5 and he only does it occasionally. It will get better. It's just a trying age.

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails