Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The Honest Scrap Award




I got my first 'award' from Spewage and it's possibly the only meme I've done on this blog!

“The Honest Scrap award is given by other bloggers who consider a blog’s content or design to be brilliant. The awardee must then post ten honest things about themselves and pass the award on to other bloggers who fit the bill – in other words, whose blog is brilliant.”
  1. I'm insanely private secretive, but I keep a public blog. Go figure. What happens is I tend to spring my big news on people all at once, and usually via email. My marriage, my separation, and my pregnancy all fall in that category. I'm not sure if it's the shock value or the avoidance part that makes me do it. My sister and brother do this too.

  2. I'm an email/texting kind of person. I hate talking on the phone and avoid it at all costs. Again, very likely an avoidance thing. I think it's the feeling that I know they'll see my email at some point & the person can answer when they have time.

  3. I have a 2 minute phone hold policy. Comcast, the government, and the electric company being the only two that get a pass on this. I hate being put on hold when someone takes a call on call waiting. If I'm left on the other line for that long, I assume it's important and they can call me back later.

  4. I just figured out that Pamprin/Midol is the best thing EVER made! Not sure how I've gone almost all my post-puberty years without using these items! Since my tubes were tied after having Noah, my PMS has escalated to extremes & it sucks.

  5. I freak out if I see someone using a toaster right under their wood cabinets. I don't even like my toaster plugged in if I'm not using it. My sister and brother freak out too. We had a toaster catch on fire when we were younger, I was maybe 9 or 10, and I just threw water on it. I know right? My dad was at work & my sister and brother were toasting something and had to wake me up to tell me it was on fire. I thought they were tricking me again. It only blackened the bottom of the cabinet, but it was a good lesson, and it stuck obviously.

  6. I've moved almost as many times as I have years on this earth. Some years were multiple moves, and the longest stretch was maybe 4 years when I was in elementary school, and 2 years as an adult. I think. I'm ready to move again but to a place where my kid can go to a good school and stay put. Ok, well maybe we'll move again after that, but in the good school district or a better one. LOL The thought of staying in one place for the next 10+ years makes me feel weird.

  7. I've been homeless twice. Once was as a child with my dad, and once as an adult with my child. I never lived in a homeless shelter, but I lived in a station wagon for a summer with my dad & siblings. It was our big adventure. I also lived in transitional housing for a year when Noah was 1. It's why I want my son to have a stable home now before he's in school.

  8. I can recall almost every book I've ever read, but I can't remember titles or authors. Not photographic memory, but if I read a few pages of something I read as a teenager or in my 20's, I remember it clearly. I can tell you about most the books I read in grade school. I've accidentally read second books in a series, not realizing it was the same author, and have thought, "I know these characters from somewhere!" and had to look up if it was related to the book I was remembering. This has happened three times recently. A typical paperback is done in a couple hours. I obviously do well on reading comprehension tests.

  9. I am a huge blog lurker! I will easily lurk for months or even years before putting a comment on someone's blog or I'll drive by comment and then not comment again for ages. Sometimes I start a comment, but then delete it because it seems irrelevant or trite or weird. I obviously don't comment for the hits & I'm absolutely not in the 'in crowd' of bloggers. Oddly, I regularly read at least 40 blogs on my RSS feed. The first blogger I 'followed', and still follow, is Spynotes. I believe her son was the same age as Noah, and he's now in second grade. I think I've only left 2 -3 comments on her blog total. I've only twice emailed fellow bloggers and I'm terrible about keeping up with it. I'd really like to get out and meet some of my fellow local bloggers, but I have no idea how to go about that. LOL I'm a social moron apparently.

  10. I've been blogging since 2003, I think, but have kept written journals since childhood. I think I started blogging at Diaryland, tried Livejournal, and settled into Journalspace for years before ending up on Blogger. JS died a sad little death when a former employee did something to it, but thankfully I had backed up all my entries. I also had a very personal blog on there that caused family drama and hurt by some of my 'from the heart' and honest entries. I thought it was private and hard to find. LOL! See #1.

No comments:

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails