Monday, September 21, 2009

Birthdays, school, and moving

I'm going to be 37 on Saturday. I'm trying to plan something really awesome but it's not falling into place just yet because I waited until the last minute. Not surprising. I also have Noah this weekend. I just really want to see the P!nk concert on my bday this year but it's doubtful. Whatever.

I'm maintaining all A's in 3 of my 4 classes. Ironically it's the design class that is causing me problems. A lot of it is watching videos, which my computer hates, and I don't learn well at all from listening. I have to see and read the material or I get bored and my mind wanders. I can't just sit for the 15-30 minutes needed to watch all the videos. This week is finally creating stuff so I'm hoping my interest and grade improves. Um, that and the teacher called my house to see if I was okay so far. LOL Just the kick in the butt I needed actually. On a side note, F**K You to the State of IL for jacking up the state budget and causing a cut in my educational grants. If I had transferred this year, I would have owed a lot of money to continue my term and would have had to drop out. So thanks a lot you morons for making me revamp my budget because you suck at keeping yours.

Moving has me so stressed out I can't even think straight. I don't think I make enough to move to a bigger place according to MY 30% of income guidelines. Not only has the grant situation hurt me, but the child support has become a drama since the ex's job change and their stupidity in not taking it out. My lawyer is getting an email at this point. I'm just so worried that a variety of things are going to cause me disapointment in my search. I don't want to get my hopes up and fall in love with a place only not to get it. I have one that fits all my needs, and my tentative budget, but I have to go tour it. I need to stalk it a few times, weekends, and at night before I know for sure. Granted, if I do not find a place, it's not like I'm losing this one. Everything happens for a reason. I'm trying to remember that. I am grateful for what I have now. Two years ago it was way worse. Way, way worse. We don't HAVE to move, it's just a really, really good idea if we do. LOL Ok I feel a little better. And hey, at least I have A's this semester right?

1 comment:

Kaylen said...

Moving does suck...and I don't get that whole 30% guideline thing. They calculate that pre-tax, but you lose so much to taxes, that really you end up spending 45-50% of your income on housing.

Yay for you and all your A's!!!! That's awesome!!

Happy early birthday!

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails