Let the battle begin! My state government is taking the federal government on in a battle
A perfect example of the ineptitude of the child support system:
- State office finally calls federal office on Wednesday, Dec. 23 after the two orders were sent & ignored.
- Federal has recording of hours they're in office: M, Ts, Th, F from 9a-12 & 1-3p. NOT Wednesdays!
- State leaves message thinking they'll get a call back.
- State doesn't call again until Wednesday, Jan 6 - two weeks later and on WEDNESDAY!
- State tells me today they can't reach anyone in federal's office. Seriously.
Today the ex and I decided to work it out on our own while they delay paying me even longer. It's obvious it's going to be a very long while until I see any money. In all of this, I'm thankful my ex and I are pleasant to each other and can work this out while the government offices waste our time. I can't imagine having to deal with the courts alone to handle this! I really feel for the parents who are out there chasing an ex and dealing w/the courts to get their money, if they ever get it at all.