Friday, November 30, 2012

Bye Bye NoBloPoMo & #201

So I didn't make it every day this month. I missed a 15 day chunk before and during Thanksgiving week. I got sick and then overwhelmed with travel. But that's okay. I haven't posted this much in a long time and I enjoyed pushing myself.

I think this is indicative of my life now too. I may not be able to do everything I want to do, when I want to do it, but I can push myself to try and accept that I won't always get it all done in my time frame. I wrote exactly 5 words in NaNoWriMo. The start of an outline. There was no way this was a good time to add that to my plate. Maybe next year, or the year after. It's not a good idea to do this when you have final exams looming or week-long travel plans. Whoops.

What I did get out of NoBloPoMo is the urge to blog again. I only get less than 10 readers a day but that's okay. I think I found my way back to blogging my thoughts out again. Since I committed to blogging all of November, I started a few different posts that I'll finish later, and I found drafts from years previous that I want to update and post.

So even though I failed at blogging every day this month, I'm okay with 'losing' this time. It was an important lesson for me to at least try.

Oh, and this was post #201 for me - here anyway. I have many others tucked away in my archives from way back.

No comments:

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails